Friday, January 13, 2012

Road to Dubai - Days 2/3: Here We Go

Alright! Made it back to DC in one piece on Wednesday with only one hour delay from the Denver snow storm! Phew...

I got to spend some quality time yesterday with Mom and Dad and one Shannon Borowy. Spent the day relaxing and preparing. For those of you whom I did not get to see, I will be in touch and will see you when I return. I will miss you all very much!!

Caught the Vamoose bus to NY last night and arrived at Penn station about 10pm. I had forgotten how crazy New York City is and how the cabbies drive even crazier! Getting around the city is an adventure in its self.

I spent the night in the upper east side with a good friend Kayleigh Herrick-Reynolds. Thank you so much for the couch to rest on, anything is 100 times better than trying to sleep in an airport. Especially when staying with an old friend.

For those of you who do not know and may be curious, I am flying from JFK airport. This is because Emerates Air only flies to Dubai from select cities in the US. Washington DC is not one of them.

Caught a cab to the airport at about 7 this morning. Although their driving can be described as organized chaos at best, both drivers I have had were very nice people. The first was a man from Ghana who had actually been to Dubai. He assured me that I will love it! The other was a Polish man by the name of Lucasz. Also a very kind and friendly person.

I am sitting at the gate now waiting to board the plane. I am struggling to contain my excitement. It all seems so real now that I am here!

From Oman Adventure Season 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment