Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Road to Dubai - Day 1: Delays in Denver

From Oman Adventure Season 2012

Well I woke up at 6:54 this morning to discover a fresh half inch of snow on the Denver streets. As it continued to snow heavily I instantly grabbed my bags and rushed out the door to catch the 7:00 bus. I knew the busses would be running slow and I didn't want to take any chances missing my flight. As we made our way slowly up Downing Street we witnessed a car smashing into the back of an SUV just to the left of the bus. This event was not so encouraging for the travel contitions.

Although the busses were slow I have made it to the airport with plenty of time and the flight has only been delayed a half hour. We shall see how the rest of the day goes but with any luck I will be home in DC tonight to spend some precious time with loved ones before the 12 hour flight to Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment